Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Wk3: Prilepin Bench Day 2

Skipped dumbbell push press today, since I did benching yesterday.

Flat Bench Press w/Light Bands: 45x3, 65x3, 85x3, 105x3. Speed was good, form got a little sloppy on the seventh set but regained on the eighth set.

Close Grip Bench Press: 160x6, 190x1, 170x6 (last rep was tough), 200x0 (had nothing left at the bottom after the weight moved a little. I didn't expect to get it.), 130x15 (did 11 reps first, then rest paused 4 reps - - - triceps were on fire).

90 Degree External Rotations: 5x15, 8x12, 12x10, 15x8, 15x10x2. The intention was to do 20x5x2, but the twenty's were taken, so I repped out the last two sets with 15 lbs. The extra warmups made for a better performance.

Did not do lats until the evening. It was my son's day to do band chinups tonight, so I joined in. He is improving, and is noticing the harder biceps and "wings".
Eric: 1 rep with 1 light band (OH grip); add another band and did 5 sets of 7 reps (OH), 7 reps (OH), 5 reps (Underhand), 5 reps (UH), 3 reps (OH).

Me: 1 rep with 1 light band (underhand grip), and 5 sets of 3 reps with 2 bands and an underhand grip.

2 comments:

Christian D. said...

Working out with the boy. Awesome. Will he be in the gym shortly?

Alberto said...

Sometimes, he'll be at his friend's house and has admitted to trying to deadlift using the dad's weight set. Before I can ask, he'll tell me that he remembers what I told him on form. Hmmmmm.

We just bought a house and it will be completed in April. The third car garage will be turned into a gym, so I will probably train him. For now, though, until he has command of bodyweight movements, I won't let him lift much.