Friday, June 17, 2005

I'll Have the Deadlift Plate for Lunch, Please!!!

T-Bar Rows (Test): 140x5 (about 157 per Brzycki's formula. I lost a little from not having done these in a while. Nothing I can't get back!!!)

Rack Pulls 2" Below The Knees (Test): 135x3, 165x3, 195x1, 245x1, 295x1; switched to staggered grip and pulled 345x1, 375x1 (30 lbs PR), 385x1 (40 lbs PR, harder but solid rep with a strong lockout), failed at 395 (just past the knees, it hitched - - - I was done). My back right now doesn't feel burned or nothing, so the high rep work has done its job. I think 400 will be cake this time around, my next 4 weeks of this cycle are to push beyond it. I might make this my light day movement and ultra wides my heavy day movement. I will still get to 400+ on the rack pulls, but now I want my launch to be priority.

I'm a little tired from all the testing this week, but that's what the weekends are for. Next stop is 12" front box squats.

4 comments:

Christian D. said...

Nice job on the pulls Alberto. Sounds like your program is coming along nicely as well!

Anonymous said...

nice rack pulls alberto. do you find getting the weight off the floor the hardest part of the dead?

Unknown said...

Nice PR. Sounds like the rack pulls have certainly helped your lockout.

I'm keen to see your deadlift take another huge jump once the ultra wides take effect. Should be great.

Alberto said...

When I first pulled 400, the peel was slow and the lockout was hard . . . I basically muscled it up. Thus, this two deadlifts a week cycle. I find that the more explosive the beginning, the easier the finish. So since I'm guaranteed the lockout now (if I estimated my pull angle right enough for full carryover to the DL), I'm prioritizing the beginning. I think the front squat work will help a lot with that, too.