Thursday, June 30, 2005

Wk4: Prilepin Bench/DL

10" Incline Close Grip Pushups: 10 Sets of 3

Hoist Neutral Grip Chins (160: BW was 241.2 lbs today): 151.2x3x2, 170x1x2, 185x1N (Being my last negative of this cycle, I held on for dear life.)

Both racks were being used so I had to keep busy. One was being used for squats, and the other was being used for curls and flapping gums by two guys. Ack!!! Had to wait for the rack pulls.

Dumbbell Shoulder Presses (60): 30x10, 40x8, 45x5x2. After the pushups, these were a struggle for the last two sets.

Barbell Curls (90): 50x10, 60x8, 70x5x2, barbell 21s with 40 lbs.

Rack Pulls 2" Below the Knees (385): 90x6, 125x5, 155x5, 185x5, 215x5, 240x5, 275x5x4 (staggered grip). This workout was surprisingly easy . . . sort of. First two sets of 275 were cake until I got to the fifth rep of each, then the lockout was tough. The third set was the same old song and dance but I was starting to feel really beat. The last set was just killer: the last two reps were tough, and I had little speed left.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Were the rack pulls originally scheduled for just after the chins?

Anonymous said...

nice rack pulls, especially at the end.

i hate having to do shoulder press
at any time other than first in a workout - i find them very sensitive to any bicep, tricep or (obviously) shoulder fatigue....

still looking forward to your really heavy cycle. going to be very interesting to see all the new Personal Bests....

Alberto said...

Yes. I did once try it the other way and my pullups took a dive. After pullups was when the racks were occupied. It should almost be a law that no one can use a rack for arm work.

Alberto said...

Hey, John, after that last bench workout, so am I. Especially the bench and squat . . . I want that 400 squat, too. It's been a long time since I had a bar on my back.

I did get personal bests with this cycle, even though that wasn't the purpose . . . conditioning was. Very demanding, but the payback should be sweet.

Jamie said...

Nothing worse than someone thinking they need the protection of a rack in case the arm curl gets out of control. :-)

Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Alberto said...

I'll never understand it!!!