Sunday, June 12, 2005

Video Demos

The following are demos of an 8" front box squat and ultra wide sumo deadlift. Thanks to Kris at Tsampa.org for hosting them. To keep my form perfect for video, I kept the weight reasonable. I did this during my meager 30 minute lunch two weeks ago, that's why I'm in regular clothes. As always, all critiques are welcome. For me, videos on blogs are the best way for us to help each other out: I work out alone and even though I'm studying my own videos to find errors in my ways, someone else may spot what I missed. I would encourage others to do the same.

Download
video

5 comments:

Alberto said...

I don't do this when lifting really heavy, only to work my traps at the same time. But I might scrap that, after reading that attempting to shrug the weight while deadlifting is a sure-fire way to tear a bicep. Thanks for the critique, I'll stick to squeezing the blades together.

I heard that Bolton pushed the DL record up to 937 lbs, and came close to nailing a 1003 dead. Damn!!!

Christian D. said...

Wish I could say more on these, but I can't. I'm still a rookie. They do look good however!

Anonymous said...

seems like you already knew it but i agree with stinn's comments...

John said...

Your squatting form is very good. Your deadlift was fine with the exception that was already mentioned. That's one very short ROM with the double overhand grip and ultra wide stance. Work with that and you'll be moving some serious weight very soon.

Alberto said...

Westside suggested in their last deadlifting article that it pounds the rear chain, greatly improved Tim Harolds DL in 3 months time. It's all hip, glute, and hamstring. . . . my quads aren't helping me in that video. I could understand from doing them why it may push up my DL, but we will see in a month when this current cycle ends.