Thursday, February 23, 2006

SE/RE Back/Bench

For reasons of various schedule miscalculations and not taking my car or gear, I did not work out at all Wednesday. Tsk! Tsk!

But I made up for it today. It was my best workout in a while, not only because of different movements but how blissfully tired it left me. Since my son had a 5:45PM game/5:30 practice, the first two movements were done at lunch. I'll just run tomorrow.

Conventional Deadlift: 155x5, 185x5, 210x5, 240x5x4. I messed around with different grips before I settled on a perfect combination on my last 3 sets. My belly still keeps me from getting in a better position but it's getting better. 5 reps in this left me panting and sweating.

Band Chinups: 3 sets of 3
Negative chins: 1 for every deadlift set, held as long as I can.

Hoist Assisted Dips (Bodyweight 237.8): 117.8x5, 127.8x5, 147.8x5, 177.8x5x5. First sets were stiff since I hadn't done them in a while. It got better.

DB Lateral Raises: 5x10, 8x10, 10x10, 12x10; drop set to failure with 12, 10, 8, 5, 3 lbs dumbbells (the 15s were being used, so I had to make do.)

Superset:
Reverse Curls: sets of 10 with 25, 30, 35, 40 lbs
Pushups: sets to failure with 15, 13, 8, 8 reps. The pushups left me with a mad upper body pump and a racing heart. Why wait until a month before Navy PT to do them? So I dropped the direct RC work for these. Glad I did.

Farmers Walk: 3 walks with 60, 70, and 65 lbs. The first set finished what the pushups started - - - I love these things!!! But I got my ass handed to me - - - the first set made me nauseous. I completed the first walk, and my upper body and forearms were on fire. Tried 70 lbs and had to put them down halfway around because I couldn't hold the dumbbells anymore, rested 20 seconds, then completed it. The 65 lbs DBs were the same story, my grip was fried. Weakness discovered.

1 comment:

Christian D. said...

Alberto,

I plan on getting a pair of farmers this summer...I suspect that I'll find the same thing as you did...that they will own me!