Friday, May 09, 2008

Last 2 Days

Thursday, I did the Ab Class here on base. So for 30 minutes, I let someone torture me into turning my abs to mush - - - it was like boot camp all over again! Didn't get to do the vest walking because I had last minute stuff at work I had to do and didn't leave at 5PM like I normally do.

Friday:

Woke up at 9:30, slathered on the sunscreen, put on my boonie hat and walked on mostly gravel for 75 minutes with my vest on. With nothing in my gut, this walk was taking it out of me. On the way down, I checked the thermometer and the temperature (humidity and all accounted for) read 121.8 degrees. I'm sure that was taking it out of me, too. You know how they tell people to have at least 8 glasses of water a day? That's just about how much water I drink when I walk.

In the evening, I joined one of my co-workers for a step aerobics class. Yeah, yeah - - - laugh all you want!!! Only 4 people showed up, including the instructor. No, I don't have video!!!! But I'll admit, as uncoordinated as I was in the beginning, it was 30+ minutes well spent. I got my heart rate up and broke a solid sweat. A perfect warmup for my light weight day. So, week 4 is done and there's 12 more to go.

Step Ups (Bench): 3x15@BWT

Hammert ISO Rows (Lats): 3x15@65 lbs each arm

DB RDL: 3x15@100 (50 in each hand)

Pushups: 3x15@BWT (done at a gradual cadence)

DB Preacher Curls: 3x15@15

Hammer Calf Press: 3x15@165

Intervals on a Treadmill (1.5 Degree incline): 2 intervals of 1 minute at 8.2 MPH and 2 minutes at 3.0 MPH.

No comments: