Monday, June 16, 2008

TBT Cycle 2 Begins

Last week,I completed week 8 of TBT: Day one (3 sets of 18),day 2 (3 sets of 8), day 3 (3 sets of 12). Then took off a week from weights and relaxed my diet. So yesterday, I began anew at 220 lbs.

I'm hoping that this will be the workout that gets me to 210. To that end, I made minor adjustments to the cycle and my training week. In weeks 1 thru 4, day 3 had one less set than all the other days; in weeks 5 thru 6, its two sets for each day, and in weeks 7 thru 8, it's 3 sets of everything. I upped the volume for this cycle, and now it looks like this:

Weeks 1&2: Day One (3 sets of 5), Day Two (3 sets of 8), Day Three (3 sets of 15)
Weeks 2&4: Day One (4 sets of 5), Day Two (4 sets of 8), Day Three (4 sets of 15)
Weeks 5&6: Day One (3 sets of 18), Day Two (3 sets of 8), Day Three (3 sets of 12)
Weeks 7&8: Day One (4 sets of 18), Day Two (4 sets of 8), Day Three (4 sets of 12)

In my last week or two of my last cycle, I started using 8 movements vice 6, 4 big and 4 small. Same here. The 4 small ones will be the same all the time: DB Preacher Curls, DB Extensions, Hammer Calf Press, And DB External Rotations. All for structural balance for the bench except the calf stuff. My goal is 40bs in the curls and extensions, and 8 reps of 20 lbs since we don't have 18 lbs dumbbells. There will be no benching or pushups here, just shoulder work: 2 days of presses (one with dumbbells and one on the Hammer ISO Shoulder Press) and one with side laterals to get my shoulders where I want them: 60 lbs DB Presses for 8 reps (I'm 4 reps short). After this, I will take another week off from the weights, then go on my 18-week powerlifting cycle.

My training week now no longer has a built in day off. Used to be that on Sundays, I did jack shit. Now, Sunday kicks off my workout week and Saturday is just for Abs Class and volleyball and a night at the Cantina. That's day off enough for me.

6:00-7:30PM: Walked in my body armor

9:30 PM:
DB Bulgarian Split Squats (weight is total): Worked up to 80x5,90x2

Wide Grip Lat Pulldown: Worked up to 105x5, 120x3

DB Romanian Deadlift (weight is total): Worked up to 180x5, 200x2

Hammer ISO Shoulder Press: Worked up to 90x4 each arm

DB Preacher Curls: Worked up to 30x5, 35x1

DB Extensions (Tates): Worked up to 30x5, 35x1

Hammer Calf Press: Worked up to 340x1

DB External Rotations: Worked up to 20x4

Intervals on a Treadmill (1.5 Degree incline): 3 intervals of 1 minute at 8.2 MPH and 2 minutes at 3.0 MPH.

No comments: