It was a busy weekend. I failed Navy PRT for the first time in years (I'll explain later) but I still ran it. The day before that, I played a racquetball court version of soccer. So I PTd a lot.
I started 5/3/1/ again proper yesterday. I will be doing the 3 days a week thing, to allow me to use the other 4 days for conditioning. So when you see me write "week" it really is 4 workouts every 8 days.
I wanted to focus more on my squats, so I took the deadlift day out. Actually, I replaced it with the arched back good morning: I feel that if I'm going to try to start squatting bigger that I need to bring up my erector strength more and this movement does it better than the deadlift. Since, however, I did not want to lose my DL, I'm using deficit deadlifts and rack pulls as trap movements on upper body days: I just train them submaximally, and focus more on form rather than PRs, so as to not overtrain.
The notation on my logs will still be weight x reps x sets. But I will start putting parentheses to indicate the max I'm basing my calculations on. If it is the main 5/3/1 movement, there will be another period for the adjusted max. This would make my blog easier to follow.
Nautilus Laterals (115). From 40 pounds, I worked up to a 5RM in 15 pound increments. I hit 100x5, computed that out to a 115 max.
Hoist Military Press (139)(Adjusted Max: 130): 40x5, 55x5, 65x5, 80x3, 95x2, 100x5, 105x5, 115x6 (Rep Out Set)
Hoist Roc-It Pulldown (139): 85x10x4
Nautilus Nitro Close Grip Pulldown (145): 85x10x4
Deadlifts w/35s (305): 210x4x5. This represented 69% of my 1RM. The reps were really smooth and my lower back didn't feel tired much afterwards. I'm using the Prilepin Cycle from Kris Lindqvist's Tsampa.org site, percentages reduced by 20%, optimal total reps on the worksets between 20 and 25.
EZ-Bar Reverse Curls (70): 40x10x4