Thursday, January 20, 2005

WK 1: Prilepin Rows/Light Day

All Notation: weight x reps x sets. Number in parentheses after the exercise indicates current 1RM; I do not test new 1RM until cycle is over.

Seated Cable Rows (V-Handle)(160): 40x6, 50x4, 60x3, 75x3, 90x3, 100x3, 115x3, 125x3, 130x3x5.

Afterwards, realized that the 125x3 set could have been omitted. Not that it affected anything, but I don't like to do more than I have to for strength training.

All in all, workout went great. All my pulls were strong, last two sets were a little tougher but I got it with no sacrifice in form. Rest of my workout is this evening.

What constitutes a great back workout? Back is tired, arms are not, all reps can be held in the contracted position. I always imagine a hand in the middle of my upper back that I must crush with my shoulder blades: this is the beginning of all rows. I also start with my arms slightly bent, to limit biceps involvement and protect my elbows.

No comments: