Monday, April 18, 2005

Wk4: Prilepin Bench/Back

Lunchtime:

Nautilus Pulldown, Pronated Grip (140): 35x6, 45x4, 55x4, 65x4, 75x4, 90x4x5.

Evening:

Hoist Assist Wide Pullup (134): 74x3, 83x4x5. These felt odd. Muscles felt cold and "tinny". Looking back, it's because I was sick (I feel like shit now).

Rack pulls 2" below the knees: worked up to a 345 single. Attempted 385 and couldn't budge it. I think I've confirmed my sticking point. This movement felt odd: I also had to make sure my position was the same for the rack pull as it would be for that portion of a real deadlift.

18" Incline Pushups: 4 sets of 7

Seated Laterals (17): 5x15, 8x12, 10x10x2

Bicep Curls (75): 30x15, 40x12, 45x10x2

30 minutes on the Stairmaster Elliptical, Hill level 8, 3 circuits of 8 minutes (low intensity) and 2 minutes high intensity.

I think all the mowing and yardwork on a cool, windy day got me a little sick.

5 comments:

Christian D. said...

All you guys are putting me to shame with your deadlift totals. Can't wait to get back to lifting heavy.

Good job on these.

Keep it up.

Alberto said...

Just you wait . . . you can, too.

John said...

Yeah... I remember when I first started lifting... back in the fall of 2003, getting my first 255 pound deadlift. Now I'm in the low 400s... all it takes is good, hard work.

John said...

Alberto, are you using a double overhand grip with these rack pulls? If you're using an offset grip try using the double overhand with lifting straps... you can generally move more weight like that (shorter bar path, no issues with grip slipping.)

Alberto said...

I prefer straps and double overhand. When I tried the 385 rack pull, I used an offset grip and my left side (the side that was underhand)was really sore for days (windmilling).