Monday, April 25, 2005

WK4: Test

Since I've been doing a lot of the same movements since December, and the Hoist pullups/chins longer than that, I'm switching almost all my movements but keeping the last 3 weeks of this cycle. I'll even keep the movements for my next cycle. So here are my lunchtime tests, I'll go into greater detail this evening.

Ultra Wide Sumo Deadlifts: 135x3, 225x1, 295 (couldn't budge it), 265x1. How, on a standard bar? Put a collar on each side, then the weight, then the collars to hold the weight. Oh, yeah, these load the fuck out of your hips at the start and the pull is really short. I might have to add another collar, though, since I nearly put the weight down on my feet a couple of times.

Nautilus Nitro Pullover: 125x4 (Brzycki formula: 135 lbs)

Hoist Wide Front Pulldown: 110x4 (Brzycki formula: 120 lbs)

Nautilus Nitro Lateral Raise: 110x6 (Brzycki formula: 127 lbs)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Good to see you're still alive. Judging from the choice of the ultra wide sumos, it looks like you're fully recovered.

At least until tomorrow :)

John said...

Ultra-wide for me means 40" from instep to instep... can you venture a guess how far apart your feet were? And why were you using a standard bar?

Alberto said...

I rested a bunch this weekend and am ready to kick ass and take names. Still no workout tomorrow. Since I'm back home and have priorities once again, it's back to 3 days a week Westside template (essentially, 4 workouts in 8 days, M/W/F).

John, I just pulled 5 sets of 8.5" x 11" paper and lined them up, then took my stance out (my boss looked puzzled). . . my stance is about 44 inches. I have to use a standard bar because that is all that we have in the gym. That is why I put on some collars first before the weight, to put the weights out further from my feet.

John said...

You are great at making the best with what you have, Alberto... You've got a nice wide stance on those DLs... try humping your hips forward and up as you pull on the bar. That hip drive will help you get enough momentum to break the weight from the floor.