Tuesday, April 25, 2006

SE/RE Squat

Well, I'm finally moved into my house. And what a mess it is - - - we are slowly putting everything in its place. So, I'm trying hard to manage training, arranging, and blogging - - - the computer in our house is not up yet.

On top of that, I've been nursing a sore left knee for a week. So, I'm modifying a few things to keep training and maybe not beat that knee up before June's PRT. So no running for a while. no deep knee movements, no conventional squats.

Lunchtime:
LifeFitness Elliptical, Level 8 Hill, Around The World Profile: 30 minutes

Evening:
Nautilus Nitro Leg Extensions: Worked up to an 80 lbs 10RM. I might work on these for my quads until my third wave is over. Paused for a second at the top of each rep, nothing fast for knee's sake. Got a good burn on these, a good warmup for the box squats.

14" Parallel Box Squat (2-second pause): 135x6, 155x6, 175x6, 205x6, 225x5, 245x2. My substitute for the regular squat. These were hard and not very fast, especially with the pause. I'm hoping this will improve my regular squat out of the hole. My knee approved. I'll use this as my submax effort movement.

Nautilus Nitro Abduction: 85x10, 95x10, 100x10
Nautilus Nitro Adduction: 70x10, 80x10, 90x6

Superset:
Incline Situps: Failure at 19, 16, 13, 10 reps.
Standing Calf Raises: 65x10, 75x10, 95x10, 95x8

Band GHR: 4 sets of 5 reps

1 comment:

Christian D. said...

bummer about the knee...hope the knee gets better quickly. Awesome about the house. I know exactly how you feel...and now the work will begin!