Monday, July 11, 2005

Wk5: Prilepin Squat/DL-Light

12" Front Box Squats (265): 65x2, 85x2, 105x2, 125x2, 155x2x12. First week of the deload. My goal was to go so fast that the weight wanted to fly off. It was that fast for the first 7 sets. After that, it was merely quick. 45 seconds rest between sets insured that I was sweating and breathing hard when it was all over.

Hoist Seated Leg Curls (115): 110x5x2, 115x3x2, 120x5x1. I did the rep out first, actually, so up to 120 I go.

GHR w/70 lbs of assist: Failure at 7, 7 reps.
GHR w/80 lbs of assist: Failure at 7, 7 reps. Much better with no negatives to do on leg curls.

Straight Leg Pull Through (115): 60x10, 70x8, 80x8x2.

Ab Circuit for 2 set: Plank (5 10 second holds), lying leg thrusts, cable lifts (like a woodchopper from the bottom), ball crunches, cable woodchoppers, alternating supermans, side bridges, incline situps. I will find another way to work calves, I want to put a lot of effort into my core from now on. Abs must die!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That's a serious amount of ab work. Just wondering why you don't incorporate more weighted exercises for the abs - rather than the bodyweight stuff?

Alberto said...

I'm trying to become more familiar with different types of movements, a lot which I've never done before. Once I'm comfortable, I'll start to add weight where I can.

Christian D. said...

You sound like me. Abs must die. When you think you've done enough do another set! :)

Try Scotts barbell side bends...those hit the obliques pretty good. And it works the grip as well!

John said...

I wish I had your dedication when it comes to working abs, Alberto. Maybe soon we'll see pics of your brand new six pack... LOL