Thursday, May 11, 2006

Wave 3

Before I start the Elite Beginners Program, this will be my last wave. After deadlifting as much as I have for the last two waves, this will almost be like a welcome break. There's no deadlifting at all. There are two days of GMs to take their place, so I could have a better DL without holding a weight in my hands and get that 295x5 squat and more at the end. Also, since I want an increased pushup/situp total for the PRT, I've dropped some movements to allow me to train them more often and with more volume. No calf movements, no biceps, and no bench pressing movements. OK, where the biceps movements once were I've replaced them with bodyweight back movements.

I will do my last workout of week two on May 28, so I'm recovered for the PRT next weekend. As for aerobics, I'll be tapering off that week by walking. After PRT, I'll finish this wave, take a week completely off, then test squat, DL, and bench 1RM.

I am doing a raw bench press meet on August 12 at Submarine Base Bangor, WA. I'm not training for it, since I'll be on a program, but this will be a way to get my feet wet. As for planned attempts, we'll see when I'm two weeks away.


Wave 3

ME Squat/DL
1.) Parallel Box squat (Manta Ray) up to 5RM
2.) Bulgarian Split Squat (3 sets of 10 steps each leg)
3.) Band GHR for 20-40 rep count
4.) Nautilus Nitro Leg Adduction (3 sets of 10)
5.) Nautilus Nitro Leg Abduction (3 sets of 10)
6.) Sit-ups (200 reps using regular situps)
Pushups (200 reps using regular and on the knees pushups)

SE/RE Squat/DL
1.) Hoist Leg Presses w/2 second pause 6RM
2.) Lateral Step Ups (3 sets of 10 steps each leg)
3.) Band GHR for 3-4 sets of 6-8 reps
4.) Nautilus Nitro Leg Adduction (3 sets of 10)
5.) Nautilus Nitro Leg Abduction (3 sets of 10)
6.) Sit-ups (200 reps using regular situps)
Pushups (200 reps using regular and on the knees pushups)

ME Back/Bench
1.) Arched Back GM from Pins up to 5RM
2.) Pullups: 8 sets of 2 w/Light Bands
3.) Sit-ups (200 reps using regular situps)
Pushups (200 reps using regular and on the knees pushups)
4.) DB Shrugs (4 sets of 6)
5.) Nautilus Nitro Laterals 5x5 (Wk1: 75%1RM, Wk2: 80%1RM, Wk3: 85% 1RM)
6.) Chinups w/Average Bands (4 sets to failure)

SE/RE Back Bench
1.) Arched Back GM
Wk1: 72% 1rm for 4 sets of 5
Wk2: 75% 1rm for 3 sets of 6
Wk3: 63% 1rm for 5 sets of 5
2.) DB Rows 5x5 (Wk1: 75%1RM, Wk2: 80%1RM, Wk3: 85% 1RM)
3.) Sit-ups (200 reps using regular situps)
Pushups (200 reps using regular and on the knees pushups)
4.) Farmers Walk: 3 trips of 100 ft each
5.) Nautilus Nitro Laterals
Wk1: 105 lbs for 4 sets of 5
Wk2: 110 lbs for 3 sets of 6
Wk3: 095 lbs for 5 sets of 5
6.) Inverted Rows (4 sets to failure)

1 comment:

Alberto said...

I might change the EFS program around up to get my bench ready for the meet. I might cycle chains and bands with the speed days, or do a heavy band wave 4 weeks out and deload on the 4 week.

I decided to do heavy triples for GMs on the heavy day. I think if this works I will have both a very strong DL and a strong squat without killing my CNS - - - two straight cycles of twice deadlifting and squatting every 8 ndays was working but it was burning me out. Today, though, I helped my father-in-law bring a refrigerator up a flight of stairs with a dolly and I had a lot of pop when pulling it up so it was worth it. All the pushups and situps are to rapidly increase them for the Navy PRT. No different than boot camp when I was doing pushups and situps daily.

On the bright side, I'll have some more GPP!!!