Friday, March 11, 2005

RDL Test

Romanian Deadlift: 110x6, 155x4, 195x2, 235x1, 285x3. Brzycki formula says 301 lbs, which felt about right. NSCA says 322 lbs, and that's way off. My first two reps were strong and my third was enough of a strain that a fourth rep would have been no go. This would be a PR for me. I've never done 285 in the RDL, much less tripled it. My only gripe is that since I haven't deadlifted a whole lot of late, my grip wasn't as strong (I RDL with a double overhand grip) and I had to use straps for assistance. Maybe instead of arm work, I might do grip work.

1 comment:

John said...

Specific grip work is a waste of time in my opinion. If you want better grip for the deadlift, just deadlift more whether it be RDLs, speed pulls, rack pulls whatever.
Just my opinion.