Sunday, January 13, 2013

WSFSB III: ME Upper Body

Hoist Roc-It Pec Deck: Worked up to a 60-lbs 4RM.  Since I tested a movement, I would pass on the rep-out movement that normally comes second.

LifeFitness ISO Shoulder Press: started at 35x5 and kept adding 10 pounds until I could barely hit the 5RM, at 95 lbs.  Using Brzycki's formula, that's a 106-lbs 1RM.  So next week, I will round up to 110 lbs and use that to work up to a 3RM at 95% of that (about 105 pounds).  My record with this movement, at this weight, was 2 reps.

Assisted Chinups (Light/monster Mini Bands): sets of 7, 6, 5, 4, 3 reps

LifeFitness ISO Rows (Elbows Up): 125x8, 7, 6, 5, 4 reps

Superset:
KB Windmills: 30x5x5
Hammer Curls: 25x9, 8, 7, 6, 5 reps

Finisher:
Burpees (Reverse Ladders): 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1
Battle Ropes: To exhaustion with each set of burpees.

Decided to go with WSFSB III.  Rather than train around maxes, I can test them out each week.

This was my workout on Saturday morning.  Today, my abs were really spent, but my legs are really sore in the back.  I was also really tired.  I guess this was what I was aiming for.  For this week, I'm just going to do the weight days every other day.  On week 2, I will add 45-minute walks on the off days and do 2 days on/ 1 day off followed by 2 days on/2 days off. On week 3, is where I will start building up my run on the off days.

No comments: