Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Cardio Plus

Core Work:
Pallof Press Isometric Holds: 30 pounds x 4 holds for time, each side
Physioball Jackknife: sets of 6, 6, 5, 5 reps
Lying Leg Raises: sets of 8, 8, 7, 7 reps

LifeFitness Treadmill, 1.5 incline, 3 intervals of 1 minute running at 8.7 MPH and 2 minutes walking at 3.5 MPH.  I want to start preparing my run for the PRT, but I want to stick to the hard, short stuff.  I figured the usual stuff with Jacobs Ladder, Kettlebells, Ropes, and Burpees could take care of the low end, and I could run three days a week.  My original plan was to do the running for 6 intervals each session but I figured I would burn out fast this way while doing everything else.  So I decided to start with 3 intervals, and add 1 interval after every third session.

No comments: