Monday, February 04, 2013

WSFSB III: ME Upper Body

2-Board Press: 85x5, 105x5, 125x5, 145x5, 165x5, 185x5.  I started the last 3 weeks based off of a 205 lbs bench, so I added 5 pounds for this cycle.  I could triple my bench on the two board so I calculated a 224 max for this movement but calculated based on a 220 lbs max to err on the low side.  I felt like I either had one more rep in me with the 185, or that I could have done 190x5.  No matter, next week I will err on the higher side and compute a 3RM attempt based off of a 225 max.  And see what happens.

Assisted Chinup (Light Bands): sets of 5, 4, 3, 3, 2 reps.  These next three weeks, I dropped the Monster Mini bands.  Next 3 weeks, it will be Monster Minis.  Then none. 

Hoist Pec Deck: 75x5x5. 

LifeFitness ISO Row (Elbows Up): 160x2, 150x4, 140x4, 130x4, 120x4.  felt like going to town today on this movement, so I skipped the bicep curls and did this heavy.   Skipped the ab work, too: am really sore all over from Saturday's workout.

Finisher: LifeFitness Treadmill, 1.5 incline, 7 intervals of 1-min running at 6.3 MPH and 2-min walking at 3.5 MPH.  Too sore for burpees and rope.  This was a good workout for me to start my running with.  I don't want to walk 3 days a week for 45 minutes: too boring and too catabolic.  On top of that, I need to clear the usual psychological hurdle I have every time I run for the military.   This workout made me sweat and breathe but didn't wipe me out, I actually felt GOOD afterwards.  Unlike the last time I started a running program, I did not use a targeted pace (ie. a pace I WANTED to run at): I used the last good pace I ran 1.5 miles for.  Using the pace calculator at scrunners.org, I figured 6.31 MPH since I ran 1.5 miles in 14.16 minutes, then rounded it downward to 6.3 MPH.  I figured the hard finishers on the other days plus weight loss should drop me into the low 13s. 

No comments: