Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Fruits of My Labors

14" SSB Box Squats (Touch and Go): 95x5, 125x5, 155x5, 185x5, 215x5, 245x5, 275x5, 305x3 (3RM). Oh, glorious day. I didn't use week one's percentages for this: I needed something that I could compute the weeks off of, so I tested with 5s until I could no longer get 5 reps. I decided to stick with the SSB (since I want my deadlift to be bulletproof) and just changed the box height and did not sit down and pause on the box. I had pop galore, and the 305 triple felt real strong. The only change (unintentional) was that I was wearing Adidas skater sneakers instead of my running shoes (I was too lazy to get dressed up) and I realized this is why Dave Tate and Louie Simmons have been recommending Chucks all these years. My stance was definitely more solid. 305 for 3RM equates to about a 322 max using Brzycki's formula, so I will use this to compute the weeks.

Quad Set:
16" Lateral Step-Up w/Strength Shoes: 5 sets of 11 w/BWT
GHR Reverse Hyper (Monster Mini): 5 sets of 4
DB Side Raises: 45x10x5
Lying Leg Raises w/Strength Shoes: 5 sets of 10. The strength shoes added weight at the end, and I was pretty weak. This sped up my workout, and was like a little bit of cardio.

Finisher (Did this circuit 3 times):
Sled Sprints for 50+ yards with 80 pounds
Backward Sled Drag for 50+ yards with 80 pounds:
Heavy Bag (10 jabs each hand, 10 full punches each hand, 10 body shots each hand, 10 uppercuts each hand).

No comments: