Sunday, July 25, 2010

Test: Rack Pulls 2" Below The Knees

Rack Pulls 2" Below The Knees: 135x3, 175x3, 215x3, 255x3, 295x3, 335x3, 375x1. The single was clean and gradual. Nothing left for another one like it.

When I tested out at 365x2 2 weeks ago, subsequent training sessions didn't leave me feeling as if I could improve on it. Since I moved my squat up an inch, I thought the bottom part of the deadlift would be more than taken care of. Especially, since I was using the Safety Squat Bar. I thought I might buy myself more improvement, then, if I stopped pulling from the floor. Thus the rack pulls.

I have also decided to switch back to a 5/3/1/ setup for the main lifts. I like the setup I had started to use but I had less to lift the money set with. With this one, I would have more at the end where I need it most. I also dropped the lunges for now: I didn't want to beat up my legs more as meet time approached. And since I wanted more conditioning work so I could get in shape, I put the sled drags in there.

Lets see how this works out.

No comments: