Saturday, July 17, 2010

Workout 4 of 20

All Notation: Weight x Reps x Sets

Superset:
Conventional Deadlift: 155x5, 195x5, 235x5, 275x8, 295x6, 315x6 (Rep Out Set). My grip started to give out before I did, so I'm going to keep hammering the shit out of it. The set of 8 drained me, I have to get used to lifting beyond 5 reps in a work set.
Single Calf Raise: 1 set to failure for every set of deadlifts.

Bulgarian Split Squat w/Strength Shoes: 5 sets of 6. I set the bench across the front of the power rack, and did the reps while holding the racked barbell. This helped me keep my body upright throughout every repetition. I was also more deliberate, so I could get as deep a stretch as I could.

Assisted GHR (Monster Mini): 5 sets of 4

Sled Pullthroughs: 80x8x4. I wanted to do something different than back raises, and I remember these being particularly effective.

Spread Eagle Situps: 4 sets of 11, 9, 8, 6 reps.

Finisher: LifeFitness Ellitical Trainer, Random Setting, Level 5, for 15 minutes. The workout killed me for this. I'm also out of shape aerobically: my heart rate was at 170 BPM in 5 minutes, so the next 10 minutes was enough for me. For now.

No comments: