Tuesday, April 10, 2012

ME Squat

14" SSB Box Squat: 90x3, 120x3, 150x3, 180x3, 210x3, 240x3, 270x1 (1RM), 290x0.  With measurement for Navy PRT coming on Saturday and the run on Sunday, I wanted more than enough recovery to focus on aerobics so I decided to do squats today instead of Wednesday.  And I decided to make it a test and eliminate all the other work.  It went as expected: a few weeks ago, I tested a 15" box squat at 275x3 (about 291 calculated max) and a 1-inch drop on the box is worth about 20 pounds, so no shock today.  Funny, with the 270 I got one hard but clean rep, managed to lower it for a second rep but couldn't make my muscles contract anymore to lift it - - - I was literally tapped out.  290 was a no-go for the same reason even after 5 minutes of rest.  No shock there, either, since this was my 4th straight hard weight day.  So the next few days will be all cardio.  Then Monday I will start anew but with a little more rest and some different movements.

No comments: