Monday, April 23, 2012

Test Day 1

Hoist Roc-It Shoulder Press: worked up to 125x3

Nautilus Nitro Pullovers: worked up to 110x3

Nautilus Nitro Lateral Raises: worked up to 125x3

Assisted Chinups (Average Band):  Did 8 reps on the first set, then dropped two reps and did 4 sets of 6.

Finisher: 6 intervals (1 min on/1 min off) on Jacobs Ladder while wearing a 20-lbs weight vest.  Last time I did these, I was able to do 14 intervals.  Chalk it up to a week off or being sick the past few days or to doing these with the vest, but 20 seconds into the 6th interval my legs were beat

So, a little backblogging here:

On April 12, I did one last long walking session at level 18.  On April 13, I took the whole day off and just had protein drinks with very low carb and a lot of water.  On the 14th, I measured for Navy PRT at 227 pounds (2 pounds lower than last time) but my measurements stayed the same at a 17" neck and a 39" waist (about 23% by Navy standards).  Maybe I did the long slow aerobics too, too long but, who cares, I passed.  The next day, my run went pretty good and here is where the long steaddy stuff and the high intensity stuff payed off: I ran 5 of six laps at a decent pace, and sprinted half of the 6th one to drop a minute off off my time (13:51) for the 1.5 mile. 

Then a took a few days off and got sick on Thursday and spent a beautiful weekend in bed.  And now that I'm in a good place to start, time to get back to work.

No comments: