Monday, March 11, 2013

5/3/1: Bench Day . . . . .

Sort of . . . . . . (Notation: Weight X Reps X Sets)(Morning Bodyweight: 239 pounds)

Bosu Ball Pushups w/Pushup Pro Handles: Sets of, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4 reps.  I wanted a real tough pushup that could also help my bench.  So I lifted my feet up on the Bosu Ball and used the Pushup Pro so that I could get better depth.  It felt like a more complete movement and was enough for me to drop planks as an ab movement since a pushup is a moving plank, and this more so.

Assisted Chinups (Monster Mini Bands): sets of 3, 3, 2, 2, 2 reps.  These next few weeks will be done with a weaker band.  After this, then bodyweight only.  I know that I can do the bodyweight stuff with a little more effort, but I wanted to maintain more volume.

LifeFitness ISO Row (Elbows Up): 105x12x4

Hoist Assisted Dip Machine (Weight is minus assistance): 129x7x4.  I thought I would be able to do 4 sets of 12 at this weight but I just didn't have it in me.

KB Windmills: 5 sets of 5 with 30 pounds

Finisher:
Burpees: 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 reps
Battle Ropes: 8 sets to failure

No comments: