Sunday, November 23, 2008

30 Days

30 Days until I go home. 30 days until I get away from Africa for a while and enjoy sushi and real wine and beer.

And 30 days to lose 10 pounds.

Today, I dropped below 210 for the first time in almost two months (209) - - - I had let myself gain some weight, some muscle and some fat. The Abs Diet may have been just what I needed. Shame I didn't do it sooner. Now, I am taking up the challenge put up by Alwyn Cosgrove in his article about losing 10 months in a month.

Today I walked in the vest for a long walk. The plan is to keep my weight training days the same. Hell, the next 4 weeks are gonna push me to my limit. So I'm gonna do the metabolic circuit like he proposes, but instead will use bodyweight stuff and calisthenics interspersed with sprints ans other running drills (side shuffles, cariocas, suicides) for the 3 days that I don't lift. I will, however, do 16 minutes of intervals after the lifting. Not too much but enough for a response.

I will be walking every morning before work at 6AM, except for Sunday. That's my day to sleep in. Sunday will be a metabolic circuit and a long vest walk. My weigh in day will be Saturday mornings, since I walk past the gym on the way back to my living unit.

Stay tuned.

Abs Class is back again, so I'll be doing that on Monday, Thursday, and Saturday at 6:30PM.

No comments: