Tuesday, November 03, 2009

5/3/1 w/WSFSB III Assist Template: Week 1 DL

Sumo Deadlift: I had guessed last week that 240 would be my max and I guessed good.  I slowly and carefully worked up to a 225 3RM (Brzycki's Formula calculates that to 240) not because I wanted to, but because I thought I might be able to nail the 5RM. This, after a 205x5 set. 

Hammer Calf Machine: Worked up to a 180 3RM.

Bulgarian Split Squats w/Front Foot Elevated: 3 sets of 9 w/BWT.  Rusty, very rusty.  Didn't even need weight and my legs were on fire.

Assisted GHR (Average Band): 3 sets of 8.  After this, my legs felt tingly in a good way.   Heck, I could have skipped the deadlifts and situps and leg day would have still felt like a success.

Assisted Situp (Average Band): 3 sets of 15.  The first set, I felt a little burn where the incision on my abs was done.  After that, it was less.  I know if I fire up some muscles that I haven't used in a while that I will feel it, I am leaving what I think may be a rep or two in the tank.

Yeah, I'm weak all over!!!

No comments: