Sunday, November 08, 2009

5/3/1 w/WSFSB III Assist Template: Week 1 Squat

Being that this was my first week back in the weightroom, the deadlift day crucified my legs.  Today I was almost recovered from it, but my inner thighs were shot from the sumos.  So I skipped the front squats today as a precaution and attempted 6 sets of 3 on the assisted pistols w/average bands.  I managed to get 5 sets: on the 6th, I had nothing left to control my descent.

45-degree Hyper: 4 sets of 9.  I was worried about these, since I'm still babying my abs.  But my abs are starting to come around and these went pain free.  If anything, my lower back needs the work: I got a pump just from the first set.

Leg Curls: worked up to 90 pounds for 5 reps and a 105 pound 2RM.

Hammer Calf Machine: 110 for 5 sets of 10.

Assisted Situps (Average Band): 3 sets of 15.  Hurt and burned less today, even when I was more deliberate, so my abs are starting to wake up.  Note: these are done on a slant board, just because they lock my legs up solid.

No comments: