Monday, August 17, 2009

5/3/1: Round 1 Wave 3 Workout 2&3

The weather here has been hovering at a heat-factored 130+ degrees for a few weeks now, and we are starting to experience the occasional blackout. I went to the gym today at around 2:30PM and they must have been working on the AC because I started to sweat profusely just getting set up: no AC. This was going to suck.

I shortened my workout today. While my lower back felt great, I still felt drained. Maybe, I just needed to catch up on sleep. I am finally back to working my normal desk job after 3 weeks of working every day 0400-1200, and 6 months of doing physical security work. I had partied until late on Saturday, and slept a tad on Sunday. Maybe I should have slept longer last night: I woke up at 9AM vice the 12pm I originally intended. So with that in mind, I upped all the sets for the front squats by 5 lbs, kept the back squats the same, and ditched everything else. At the end of it, soaking wet and lightheaded, someone who had been watching me told me, "I feel really bad for your legs right now!"

Me, too.

12" Front Box Squat: 65x5, 85x5, 105x5, 125x3, 145x2, 155x5, 175x3, 195x3 (Rep Out Set).

Parallel Box Squat: 225x5x5

No comments: