Sunday, August 03, 2008

213/211

Woke up at 2PM, and went to the gym at 3PM. Weighed in at 213 lbs. When the workout was over, I left at 211 lbs. F'in A!!!

To make up for eating like crap while I was sick (and a bit before that) I dropped the sodas, hot cocoa, candy bars, Gatorade, fruit, toast, rice, potatoes, corn. Drank water by the ton. Started Ab Class again. But I think that the muscle I'm gaining under this program has started to push me past that plateau I had at 216. I'll start adding light aerobics on off days and once I buy my new sneakers (my current ones are being held together with duct tape and Crazy Glue), I'll be running intervals again.

My 5 week wave ends next week, and my mini challenge is to get to 210 at the end. At this rate, the 190s are in sight by December 20 target date. Last time I was 190-anything was January 1999. At a pound a week goal, I might just hit 192, and would never have to rope&choke (Navy BMR measurement) again.

Since I will have been working out for 5 days straight on Tuesday and hammered my legs Friday, I only did box squats. I decided to drop speed squats for the next two weeks and will just be doing the same rep scheme I am doing with the preacher curls (5x10, 5x8, 5x5, 5x3, 5x1). I began using the Smith machine because I want to just worry about pushing the weight, not my balance while tired. The 5 sets of 10 took a lot out of me, because I'm not used to repping out this high (Hmmmm, maybe this should be my new speed work). I'm thinking this might help me knock off some pounds, too.

Smith Machine Box Squats (Slightly Below Parallel): 165x10x5

No comments: