Friday, August 22, 2008

Past Two Days

This week had been very good but I've pushed stupidly in a few spots and have overtrained myself a bit. Sometimes, it's been walking in the vest for an hour plus on the same day I'm squatting. And up until today, everytime I went to the bathroom, I would go outside afterwards and hit a set of pullups and a set of chinups with no bands. That's a lot of chins and pulls.

So no surprise that yesterday I felt drained and my biceps were sore and my back just had little get up and go.

Close Grip Bench Press: repped out with 135 lbs at 8, 6, and 5 reps. Too much weight, I should have really used 115 llbs but I just had to push it.

Assisted Chinups (Monster Mini Band): 4 sets of 3

Assisted Chinups (Average Band): 4 sets of 8

Hammer ISO Rows (Lats): 120x5x5

Trap Bar Shrugs: Skipped 'em.

Incline DB Curls: 15x15x3. Was gonna do 30x5x5 but as I said before my biceps were throbbing.

Hammer ISO Shoulder Press: 50x15x3. Was gonna try DB shoulder presses for 65x5x5 but had no shoulder or back left to stabilize it so I did this instead.

Today, to make up for not doing the shrugs and because I was too beat to do a lot and since I haven't deadlifted in the longest time, I made today almost all deadlift. Rather than go 5x5, I just maxed to see where I was.

Leg Curls: tested to a 135 lbs triple.

Deadlift off a 2" Block: Worked up to a 345 single, failed with 375. I surprised myself with this one.

Conventional Deadlift: 375x0. Legs felt strong, back was not. Not after the deficit deads.

Sumo Deadlift: 315x1, 345x1. I have not sumo'd this much in ages, so I think I'm well on my way to that big deadlift I want. With all the deadlifts, my grip felt really strong and I was really holding a tight upper back arch so it looks like all my back and trap work will pay big dividends.

Seated Calf Raises:70x5x5

No comments: