Wednesday, August 06, 2008

WSFSB III: RE Lower Body

All Notation: Weight x Reps x Sets

Warmup: 15 minutes on the Elliptical. Mobility work and even did some in between squat sets for my legs and hips.

Smith Machine Box Squats (Slightly Below Parallel): 205x8x5.

Bulgarian Split Squat w/Front Foot Elevated: 50x6, BWTx10x5. The goal was 50x10x5. The reality was that the squats took it all out of me. On the first set, lactic acid buildup was kicking in on the second rep and I just couldn't go past it for much. So I dropped the weights, and even 10 reps was work.

Giant Set:
Full Range GHR: 5 sets to failure
Hanging Leg Raises: 5 sets to failure
Incline Twisting Situps: 5 sets to failure
Seated Calf Raises: 70x5x5

15 minute cooldown on the elliptical. I was starting to fall asleep. This low carb thing is so not easy, especially on this workout. This Sunday will be a reprieve. Next Saturday its back to smart eating WITH carbs.

No comments: