Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Next Stop, 200!!!

This afternoon, before going to lunch (I've been waking up late since I'm on liberty), I went to the gym and checked where my weight was. I finally did it: after being plateaued for two weeks, I hit 209 today. Woo Hoo!!!

The running on the field and the sprint work was just what I needed, it seems. Today, after this workout, I had two rib eye steaks and 2 slices of pizza for dinner and about two hours later my stomach felt empty.

Today was not all perfect though. it was so humid that after some of the sprints I had to walk a lap to catch my breath - - - it was like breathing next to nothing. And I might have pushed too hard: it's 12:26 AM on Thursday morning here in Djibouti and I can't sleep. Was a bit feverish but the Tylenol fixed it. I'll just do my upper body work and Abs Class today, nothing else.

One more pound and I will have dropped 30 pounds since I've been here. If someone had told me this before I left that I would be here, I probably couldn't have imagined it. Now, for your consideration. I was originally gunning for 205 by December. At this rate, I'm looking at the low 190's. If I can hit 190, I will be 48 pounds lighter which would almost be scary because I didn't think I had this much to lose. But we'll see. I'm not trying to pull a Marc Bartley (F'in amazing, I have to say - - - I couldn't believe that was the same guy) and a six pack ain't really that important. I think I could stop at 190.

Walk 2 laps around the field
Jog one lap around the field
Sumo Squat to Stand x 10
Jumping Jacks x 15
Seal Jumping Jacks x 15
Front Skips 40 Yards down and back
Lateral Lunge x 8 per leg
Side Shuffle 20 yards down and back
Stationary Leg Swings (10 reps, front to back)Stationary Leg Swings (10 reps, side to side)Cariocas: 30 yards down and back
60% Build Up Sprint (arm& posture focus) 30 yards down and back
Combination Hamstring/Calf Stretch
Forward Lunge, Elbow to Instep x 8 down and back
Backpedal 30 yards down and back
Drop Squat and Stabilize x 6
Squat Jump (non-countermovement) x 6
75% Build Up Sprint (Knee Drive) (40 Yards Down and back)
Reverse 90/90 stretch
Scorpions x 6
Iron Cross x 6
Wall Push x6
Full Sprint 100 yards
Calf Stretch x 6
Leg Cradle x 6
Inchworm x 6
Glute Bridge (Marching) x 6
Low Pogo Jumps: 3 sets of 20 seconds
Low Pogo Jumps: 3 sets of 20 seconds
Full Sprint 100 yards
Quad Stretch
Inverted Hamstring x 6
Wall Slide x 6
Neck Stretch
Shoulder Complex

No comments: