Monday, August 11, 2008

WSFSB III: ME Upper Body

All Notation: Weight x Reps x Sets

Yesterday, I did jack shit but tested throughout the day on 3 lifts. Got 2 reps on the chinup with no kipping, a one rep improvement. Got 60x7 on the reverse curl: calculated to a 72 lbs max, good up to 265 lbs bench structural balance-wise. Then tested after dinner at 145 lbs in the behind the neck shoulder press, so I'm covered there up close to a 245 lbs bench. My shoulders felt kind of banged up today, so either I need to build this up slowly and stretch my shoulders better or this lift is best used only as a diagnostic tool only.

Today:
Abs Class. Headed to the gym afterward, and there were a shitload of people and not an open bench in sight. So I walked for an hour in my body armor.

Flat DB Bench Press: Worked up to an 85 lbs single per arm. Structural balance-wise, on target for a 215 bench. Met my goal there.

Hammer ISO High Rows: Worked up to a 125 lbs single per movement arm.

Assisted Neutral Grip Chinups (Monster Mini Bands): 2 sets of 3, 2 sets of 2. Better than last week.

Assisted Neutral Grip Chinups (AverageBands): 4 sets of 7. Ditto.

Barbell Preacher Curls: 75x3x4, 85x0 immediately followed by a 75 lbs single, 85x1 immediately followed by a 75 lbs single. Was going to do 75x3x5, but it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be so I went for my goal. Only got it up half way the first time. Figuring that I may have wimped out too soon on that first 85, I made up my mind to get it the second. Oh, I got it but if it were any slower it would have been a static rep!!!

Barbell Shrugs: Worked up to a 200 lbs single.

No comments: