Monday, September 22, 2008

WSFSB III: ME Upper Body - Pyrrhic Victory?!?

I walked out of the gym this evening at 206 which means after some peeing during the night I may just wake up at the target I set for myself in April: 205. It would come 13 weeks early.

I will start by giving Christian Thibodeau credit. I read that article of his on T-nation and have so far tried two control days of extremely low carbs. So this past Thursday and today, I had a sensible breakfast of scrambled eggs with tomatoes, mozzarella, and mushrooms and a chicken breast. The rest of the meals (4 of them) were protein shakes with a couple of spoons of peanut butter for fat.

That said, no more while on this phase.

Considering 3 days of Abs Class, 4 days of weights, 4 days of intervals, and 2-3 days of easy cardio, I don't have the headroom to diet like this. Maybe one control day, but even that sucked. I woke up in the morning poorly recovered. Makes me think that I blinked and let my much better original goal of getting lean and strong be taken over by the one where I just wanted to hit 198 or less. I can eliminate some carbs from individual meals here and there and go low carbs on some days like I've been doing in the past, but not this.

Today I was cranky, irritable, scatterbrained, and running on sheer will.

Abs Class

Close Grip Bench Press: 70x5, 90x5, 110x5, 130x3, 150x2, 170x1, 190x1, 200x1, 210x0, 205x0. Last week, I hit a kinda hard 205. Today, 190 nearly burried me and 200 was like a static rep it was so slow. Even after 5 minutes rest, I couldn't hit any targets. A lesson learned, a bitter pill to swallow.

Assisted Wide Neutral Grip Chinups (Monster Mini Band): Failure at 6, 5, 5, 4 reps

Assisted Wide Neutral Grip Chinups (Average Band): 4 sets of 8 reps

Hammer ISO High Rows: 75x12x3

Seated Overhead Shrug: 140x6x5

Barbell Curls: 85x6x3, 85x5+1, 85x6.

Skipped the intervals. I just didn't have it. I just want to crawl into bed.

No comments: