Tuesday, September 23, 2008

WSFSB III: RE Lower Body

Started my morning with two PB&J sandwhiches, 3 small bottles of milk, a multivitamin, a B-Complex, 3 bottles of water, and a nice cup of coffee. By 11 AM, I felt great.

At lunch , I stopped by the gym, loaded 210 on the bar, and got my close grip bench PR cold that I should have had yesterday. Yeah, it was that important!!!

Took a nap after dinner, got up at 8 PM, then hit the gym. Gym was busy, and the Smith was being used. I was feeling pretty good and thought of doing a little more weight on the squats than planned. But I know here that leads, so I came up with the better idea of doing all the assistance stuff FIRST, then the squats with the planned weight.

Hammer Calf Press: 165x12x3

GHR: Failure at 10, 8, 6, 4, 3 reps. I felt like doing a full GHR (GHR/back extension in the same motion) was cheating my hamstrings, so back to doing them without the back extension part. Harder, without the momentum, but that 's the point.

45 degree Hyperextension: Failure at 13, 11, 9, 7, 8 reps.

Pallof Press Isometric Holds: worked up to 25 lbs for 30 seconds, then worked my way back down when a second attempt at 25 pounds lasted 15 seconds. I like this movement.

Assisted Pistols (Average Band): 5 sets of 7

Box Squats (Slightly Below Parallel): 165x12x3. Smith was still being used so I did them regular. Even with tired legs, they were solid reps.

Intervals on a Treadmill (1.5 Degree incline): 4 intervals of 1 minute 9.0 MPH and 2 minutes at 3.0 MPH.

No comments: